[Gllug] New GLLUG Member seeks help with USB Modem

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Wed Jun 28 14:01:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm in a SMS conversation with someone who attended his first GLLUG
meeting on Saturday.

He has Kubuntu Dapper installed on his PC (Previously Windows had died
some time ago on it so he is rather happy) but he can't get his
Speedtouch USB ADSL modem working.

I can't fix it over the phone (as I've never had to use USB ADSL modems
(luckily)) and he would like to know if anyone lives in or near Hackney
and fancies having a stab at it.

He would use the mailing list himself but having no internet access
until this is fixed it's going to be a bit hard to debug remotely.

He lives near Pembury Road, Hackney, E5.

You can mail me on or offlist if you fancy helping. On Saturday he
didn't appear to be an axe murderer so you should be quite safe :P

~sm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk