[Gllug] My own fault...

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Wed Jun 28 14:14:08 UTC 2006

Replacing a client's very old NT4 server with a new Win2k3 server
running Small-Business-Server.

OK, run some hardware tests, all fine. Run through the initial windows
setup, install some stuff, configure, install more, configure. Oh look!
I managed to get a typo into the AD domain name when doing the initial
setup.

I now need the tool from here:
  http://www.microsoft.com/technet/downloads/winsrvr/domainrename.mspx
and the instructions alone come to 1.6MB (and are .DOC files, because I
wouldn't find it useful to read them in a web-browser now would I)

<sigh>

Just to make life more entertaining, I can't even stage the transfer by
setting up a trust relationship to the old NT4 domain, because that's
not supported by SBS.

And this is supposed to have £1000 more value than a Debian install?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk