[Gllug] CPU speed oddness - was Is it me or are the CPUs getting slower?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Jun 4 12:07:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006, Adrian McMenamin spake:
> I have noticed some strange things on my Xen box
>
> The guests "correctly" identify the cpu speed but the BogoMips is all
> wrong...

The Bogomips algorithm changed dramatically on some hosts, and
IIRC one of those was all Xen guests (the other was PowerPC).

Bogomips are bogus. Ignore.

> Will the cpuspeed daemon (this is FC5) do that? And given the bogomips
> loop is so poorly calibrated on the guests, what problems can I expect
> to see?

I don't think bogomips are used for much anymore (TTY delays? anything
else?)

--
`Voting for any American political party is fundamentally
 incomprehensible.' --- Vadik
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk