Wireless in 2.6.15 (Was Re: [Gllug] Free Ubuntu 6.06 LTS CDs)

Christian Smith csmith at thewrongchristian.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 14:22:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Ryland, Peter wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:05 +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
>> On the subject of the Dapper release, I've been having problems with the
>> wireless networking. I get messages like:
>> ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
>>
>> The wireless device associates with an AP, so I can see the MAC address of
>> the access point, and I can tcpdump the interface and get packets, but
>> nothing is ever transmitted. Same card worked fine under breezy and
>> Windows. The card is based on the Atmel chipset.
>>
>> I've noticed the same message in other distros using 2.6.15. Does anyone
>> else have problems with 2.6.15? I noticed that a lot of 802.11 work was
>> done for 2.6.15 (*), but was wondering how widespread the issues are.
>
> Someone seems to have already reported this bug:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/atmel-firmware/+bug/30866
>
> Perhaps you could help test the fix that was made?

I think this was just an update to support the Siemens card. I think that
update was:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/atmel-firmware/+bug/5125

Actually, I think this is the bug I'm interested in:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/34752

Still no fix. I wait with baited breath. Glad it's not just me:) I'm
surprised this has not been fixed. The bug is from mid-march, and I guess
atmel chipsets are pretty common.

> Pete

Cheers,
Christian