Wireless in 2.6.15 (Was Re: [Gllug] Free Ubuntu 6.06 LTS CDs)

Ryland, Peter peter.ryland at squaregain.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 11:05:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:05 +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
> On the subject of the Dapper release, I've been having problems with the
> wireless networking. I get messages like:
> ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
>
> The wireless device associates with an AP, so I can see the MAC address of
> the access point, and I can tcpdump the interface and get packets, but
> nothing is ever transmitted. Same card worked fine under breezy and
> Windows. The card is based on the Atmel chipset.
>
> I've noticed the same message in other distros using 2.6.15. Does anyone
> else have problems with 2.6.15? I noticed that a lot of 802.11 work was
> done for 2.6.15 (*), but was wondering how widespread the issues are.

Someone seems to have already reported this bug:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/atmel-firmware/+bug/30866

Perhaps you could help test the fix that was made?

Pete

This communication is confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of
the information and you are requested to notify
postmaster at squaregain.co.uk immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.
Squaregain Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and is a member of the LSE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk