[Gllug] XFS_repair cannot find master or secondary superblocks

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Mar 5 11:24:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006, Martin A. Brooks murmured woefully:
> Nix wrote:
>> By these definitions, I have never had a backup, I have never worked
>> anywhere which had a backup, and I don't know of anyone who's had one
>> either.
>
> That doesn't surprise me.
>
>> I'd venture to state that only truly vast companies (and Linus Torvalds
>> with his distributed kernel tree ;) ) can afford such backups.
>
> Actually, it's not all that expensive, not when you factor in the cost
> of replacing your lost data.

If I've suffered enough damage that a single offsite copy won't save me,
I'm probably *dead* and so don't care.

Multiple offsite copies is just overkill, and resynching them seems
likely to be a nightmare.

--
`... follow the bouncing internment camps.' --- Peter da Silva
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk