[Gllug] disk problems

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Mar 16 00:29:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, John Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:11:45AM +0000, Tethys wrote:
>>
>> Nix writes:
>>
>>>              Jan 2006: oops, Suns are SCA: get another disk
>>
>> Of course, an SCA to PC SCSI converter can be had for under a tenner
>> (I have several).
>
> But probably won't fit in a Sun caddy, as they often plug the
> drive into an SCA backplane.

I *like* the SCA backplane.

I *like* the idea of the drive tray things.

I *don't* like the way they used said trays as an excuse to play the
modern version of connector-conspiracy so they could continue to charge
~20 times the going rate for their crappy disks. (Those Sun disks were
only four years old when they died. That's just not very good at all.)

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk