[Gllug] DVD creation

Moon Watch watchmoon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:33:36 UTC 2006

Flushed with sucess at backing up my data to dvd I now want to use it some
more.

I have a VHS video of some sporting activities and want to make a DVD of
this, including
menues, scene selections, and extras.  Google, for "DVD creation linux" send
me to DVDstyler
and dvdauthor and related tools.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I need to a capture card.  Where can I find a budget one.
2. What is the minumum spec PC I sould be looking at to capture the video
off VHS (RAM, processor)
3. Which on disk format sould I be looking for. (Does this depend on the
tool used to author the DVD)
4. Do you have any recomendations as to the freeware/trial tools avaliable?

Thanks again

MW

7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk