[Gllug] Wonderful linux app for messy minds: kdissert

Wulf Forrester-Barker wulf.forrester-barker at nhs.net
Wed Mar 29 09:41:00 UTC 2006

M.Blackmore wrote:

> I've been waiting for something like this for linux for some time. Used
> to love a windows program some years back when I did a lot of writing!
>
> http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=10060/ur0603d/

I used to use Freemind, which I preferred as a mind-mapping application
because I found it graphically slicker. When I did the last Ubuntu
upgrade (to 05.10) that broke for some reason, probably to do with it's
reliance on Java, and so I did use kdissert for about a month.

However, I've settled on Inkscape. It doesn't have the report generation
facilities of kdissert but is brilliant for creating a space to move
various blocks of information round in relationship to each other (for
my essential day-to-day mind-mapping process of organising my task list).

If you like the idea of mind-mapping but your inner designer calls out
for a bit more colour and style than kdissert provides, consider also
Freemind or, thinking laterally, Inkscape (or probably other solutions).

Wulf

--
Wulf Forrester-Barker
Webmaster