[Gllug] MondoRescue insanely slow?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Mar 13 21:21:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Rich Walker gibbered uncontrollably:
> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:
>> You don't need the -p for oprofile, just the debugging symbols that come
>> with -g; the -p profiling will throw off the results somewhat (it's
>> quite inefficient and intrusive compared to oprofile).
>
> Need: recompilation of kernel + reboot for oprofile.

Actually need: extra module, I think. (At least, CONFIG_OPROFILE doesn't
seem to change anything outside its module.)

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk