[Gllug] What is the Gnome & KDE difference??

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 23:29:10 UTC 2006

Emon writes:

>But my question is why are some people (especially the old guards :)
>I think ) still seem to be obsessed with Gnome?? Is there any reason
>in particular, or is it just nostalgia?

Religion, mostly. See emacs vs vi. Personally, I detested KDE because it
was fat, bloated and slow. Plus, gtk+ was a dream to code in compared to
Qt. But hey, after some years of playing catch up, GNOME is just as fat,
bloated and slow, too. Possibly even edging ahead these days.

Like Mike, I use neither, but occasionally find need to use a GNOME or KDE
app from within my X environment. That's when the unnecessary dependencies
*really* start pissing me off...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk