[Gllug] LVM & RAID

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 00:45:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm about to set up a machine and would like to use both LVM and md on
it. The machine will have two disks, and I want them set up as a mirror
set, with LVM layered on top of this. I've not had cause to setup a
machine with both before, and there seem to be several setup options -
I'm curious if any of the LVM fans on the list have any specific
suggestions, and reasons. I tend to build by own kernels and avoid using
an initrd, so I'm currently tending towards keeping the root filesystem
outside LVM. Any particular upsides or downsides to doing this?

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk