[Gllug] Opteron - dual core or two chips?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Mar 31 19:50:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 23:28 +0100, Russell Howe wrote:

> http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/nForce/H8QC8.cfm
>
> Now, try and find the AMD-supporting motherboards by browsing from http://www.supermicro.com/
>
> or with Google, even...
>
> I only know about it because The Register had a story on the quad CPU board...

I believe the A Plus systems are only available to OEMs, and Supermicro
aren't making them that visible on the website.

For interest, we are have shipped several of the four socket/eight core
larger sized nodes and I'm generally quite impressed with them.
We're putting together a cluster of eight core 1U nodes at the moment.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk