[Gllug] [OT] yahoo messenger...

G Caparo caparo.g at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:37:02 UTC 2006

Yup,
 I know that after digging it up and the had them admit it their website
says all new account ssince sometime in 2005 are noe googlemail, so how come
in Feb 2006 I was able to get from their website thro an invite a
gmail.comaccount NOTE not a googlemail account unless I use the web
site. This going
from the web site and will be booted. from the list I can then copy it
tomorrow from the failure notice when my pop3 downloads the web stock pile.
There web site also states that which ever one you have it will work
flawlessly not TRUE I have one mail addy with them caparo.g at gmail.com but if
I use that acount from the web interface the address is changed to
@googlemail. which means list that have the original gmail account will
bounce the googlemail address as being a non member.
 I in all innocence decided I would register both with a trial list guess
what I get 2 copies of everything.

On 28/03/06, Richard Cohen <vmlinuz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/03/06, Geo. <caparo.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> mean
> it!!
> don't
> care
> > >
> > > Lack of demand?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Al.
> > Err maybe Yahoo are like Google pretty clueless about customer support.
> >
> >  Taken 6 tries so far to get them to acknowledge they have a problem
> with
> > their web based mail service & their POP3 account service re-naming the
> > domain from Gmail.com  to googlemail.com here in the UK
> > --
> > TTFN
> >    Caparo
>
> Uh...  I think you'd find, with a little research, that Google have
> been legally compelled to do that since someone else was already using
> the gmail name in the UK and got a bit pissed off (in a
> taking-to-court sense) when Google tried to nick their name.  The
> 'other' gmail isn't a public webmail service, but some sort of
> financial newsletter/notification service, but still, the name is the
> same and the service was considered close enough for Google to drop
> the gmail name in the UK.  The same applies in Germany, AFAIK.
>
> Cheers
> Richard
> --

TTFN