[Gllug] Re: What is the Mozilla & Firefox difference ??

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 29 22:22:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Alain Williams gibbered uncontrollably:
> Hmmmm, since I run squid locally I should not see the performance degradation
> that they say that I will if I switch off backward caching ... unless I visit
> lots of dynamic (uncachable) pages.

It's detectably faster if the page is cached (as in, instantaneous).

Seamonkey has the caching stuff too, and TBH it's not much of a problem:
the old pages get pushed to swap anyway, where you can forget about
them.

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk