[Gllug] [Off-Topic] BIOS questions

Shakthi Kannan cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 05:20:37 UTC 2006

Hi Emon,

--- Emon <contact_emon at gawab.com> wrote:
> 1)
> I once heard (from an unreliable source) that Intel
> & others are
> working on a open source alternative for BIOS, is it
> true?, if
> so, then how far have they progressed?

Not sure.

"The most uncooperative company is Intel, which has
started a sham "open source" BIOS project. The
software consists of all the unimportant parts of of a
BIOS, without the hard parts. It won't run, and
doesn't bring us any closer to a BIOS that does run.
It is just a distraction. By contrast, AMD cooperates
pretty well."

http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/free-bios.html

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Hexaware Technologies

http://mail.yahoo.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk