[Gllug] [Off-Topic] BIOS questions

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Mon Mar 13 05:12:52 UTC 2006

Hi all

1)
I once heard (from an unreliable source) that Intel & others are
working on a open source alternative for BIOS, is it true?, if
so, then how far have they progressed?

2)
The AMI BIOS on my Motherboard has the option to enable "Boot
sector virus checking", & as far as I know you cannot update the
virus definition file for this virus guard. If so, then is there
any point in keeping this virus guard enabled?, will it be able
to detect new viruses?

3)
I read (somewhere) that AGP cards also have a BIOS. Is there any
way to upgrade this BIOS like the motherboard BIOS?

Thanks
Emon
Free POP3 Email from www.Gawab.com
Sign up NOW and get your account @gawab.com!!