[Gllug] Linux hosting provider

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Fri Mar 31 11:18:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:10:13 +0100, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:26:33AM +0100, alan lenton wrote:
>> I managed to persudae my company to go with Linux rather than Windows
>> for a new online server (Apache and some custom apps).
>>
>> We are currently looking at the following two providers:
>>
>> Amen - http://www.amenworld.com/static/index_1025.html
>> CWCS - http://www.cwcs.co.uk/dedicated/supser.php
>>
>> Does anyone have any comments about either of these, or suggestion of
>> other hosting companies we should look at?

One of my customers has used CWCS for the last 12 months as a back up
server in case the main one dies.  Their engineers seem to know what they
are on about and requests are handled promptly.  The only issue we've
noticed is bandwidth to the building has gone belly up a couple of times.
They then blame the providers and say they are getting more bandwidth from
somewhere else.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk