[Gllug] Linux hosting provider

Paul Lee paul at ma1.se
Thu Mar 30 11:24:08 UTC 2006

Andy Smith wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:26:33AM +0100, alan lenton wrote:
>
>>I managed to persudae my company to go with Linux rather than Windows
>>for a new online server (Apache and some custom apps).
>>
>>We are currently looking at the following two providers:
>>
>>Amen - http://www.amenworld.com/static/index_1025.html
>>CWCS - http://www.cwcs.co.uk/dedicated/supser.php
>>
>>Does anyone have any comments about either of these, or suggestion of
>>other hosting companies we should look at?
>

> Never heard of either of them.  Are you aware that Amen is actually
> hosting in France by the looks of it though?

Hi

Can't say I know a lot about them. Amen have some kind of base in Canada
Square, Canary Wharf, but may well be hosted in France. I seem to recall
some of the techies going on strike following a takeover.

I'm fairly sure Amen got `nobbled` for offering hosting/VPS's at a
really cheap price, but if you try and signup it always ended up costing
a lot more.

Maybe if its for your employer you should look at big outfit like
Hostway if colocation is out of the question

Paul
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk