[Gllug] still wondering about lvm

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Mar 12 13:40:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Adrian McMenamin prattled cheerily:
> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 02:08 +0000, Nix wrote:
>> You don't have to go down to single user for a pvscan. It should be
>> safe enough unless your PVs are so badly buggered that, well, if
>> they're so buggered that pvscan can't see them, I can't imagine
>> how they're active now :)
>
> I meant to do the mounting. Too many service running off the main VG to
> unmount it before growing the fs otherwise

Ah, well, mounting or unmounting it won't make that error go away, so
you can reproduce *that* with debugging on easily enough.

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk