[Gllug] tape backup h/w

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 23:21:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:15:03PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
>
> > I want a cheap solution. What's the best value tape backup at the
> > moment? I'm looking to keep this under 200 quid including 5 tapes.
> > Is that even possible? For this I'd rather not go to ebay as obviously
> > reliability must be good.
>
> Cheap and tape backup in reasonable capacities don't go together, I'm
> afraid.  No chance for what you want to back up.

afraid of that. quick response, simon!

> External hard drives that you take to work in rotation?

I /do/ have a few of these knocking around but the idea of taking the
side of my case off and unplugging them isn't quite as nifty as I had in
mind. still, you can't get everything you want +and+ be cheap (and I
can't see me shaking off the latter just yet!).

cheers,

ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435