[Gllug] tape backup h/w

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sun Mar 5 23:15:03 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

> I want a cheap solution. What's the best value tape backup at the
> moment? I'm looking to keep this under 200 quid including 5 tapes.
> Is that even possible? For this I'd rather not go to ebay as obviously
> reliability must be good.

Cheap and tape backup in reasonable capacities don't go together, I'm
afraid.  No chance for what you want to back up.

External hard drives that you take to work in rotation?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because geeks travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
  armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
  neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling
  second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place."
- Douglas Adams on Windows '95.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk