[Gllug] Manual arp configuration for usb networking

salsaman salsaman at xs4all.nl
Tue May 23 14:36:33 UTC 2006

Tethys wrote:

>salsaman writes:
>

>>And what about this :
>>
>>http://www.gumstix.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=85
>>

>I already have one of those[1]. But like I said, my laptop doesn't have
>a serial port.

Ah, I am sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were complaining that the
Gumstix had no serial port. The idea that you could get a laptop with no
serial port never even ocurred to me. Do they really make such beasts !?

For future use I can recommend Sony Vaio and IBM Thinkpad, both have
serial/parallel ports built in (at least they did when I bought mine a
couple of years ago).

I must confess to not actually having used serial/parallel ports much
recently, at least since I gave away my ancient zip drive. Although the
first home computer network I built was running on slip over the serial
ports...

Regards,
Gabriel.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk