[Gllug] Manual arp configuration for usb networking

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue May 23 15:28:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 04:36:33PM +0200, salsaman wrote:
> Ah, I am sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were complaining that the
> Gumstix had no serial port. The idea that you could get a laptop with no
> serial port never even ocurred to me. Do they really make such beasts !?

iBooks ...

Having said that, RS-232 was a horrible standard.  I'll start that
again.  RS-232 was hardly even a standard since everything out there
could decide to talk its own variation.  Getting two things to
actually talk to each other was a small miracle, and even if they
talked it was not reliable.  The faster serial consoles move over to
some other standard, the better.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.