[Gllug] re: USA / civil liberties etc

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 1 11:45:10 UTC 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 12:22, Mark Williams wrote:

> I wonder how long it is since I had to prove I'm over 18? My kids don't
> often get asked, indeed the 16 year never has been & it's not like he
> never buys beer or wine...

The shopkeeper selling him the alcohol is at significant risk of serious fines
- there are now "sting operations" testing shops with youngsters (in the pay
of the Police) and prosecuting any infractions.

> If I withdraw >£99, I do so from the ATM. It
> has no need nor facility for a 2nd card.

You won't be using any "second card", as eventually you'll use your "ID" card
in the ATM - there will be law passed to only allow the "ID" card for all
financial transactions - the credit and debit cards you presently have will
be withdrawn.  This gives the "government" complete record of practically
everything you do!  Another aim of the "ID" card project is the "cashless
society"....

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk