[Gllug] re: USA / civil liberties etc

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon May 1 11:49:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:45:10PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> You won't be using any "second card", as eventually you'll use your "ID" card
> in the ATM - there will be law passed to only allow the "ID" card for all
> financial transactions - the credit and debit cards you presently have will
> be withdrawn.  This gives the "government" complete record of practically
> everything you do!  Another aim of the "ID" card project is the "cashless
> society"....

I want an ID card - but one that I own & control.
I want to combine the various cards that I have onto one.
I want to be able to plug my card into MY PC & view what is on the card,
add/remove functions.
I want to be able to audit every transaction that my card has made.
I want to be able to control what information my card gives out & to who it gives it.

I don't want one given to me by our totalitarian minded government that I have no
control over.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.