[Gllug] disclaimers etc etc

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu May 18 15:49:14 UTC 2006

I am sure the vexed question of disclaimers has been discussed before !

Silly or not,  Companies in general want them so who am I to disagree.
Most of us live in the corporate world and have to accept such 'belt and
braces' approach to many things, including maybe notices advising staff
not to stick their fingers in the electric sockets !  Its all part of the
'ass protection' culture we now live in - like it or not.

My point about certifying an outgoing email virus free is that it serves
no useful purposes whatsoever -  in fact it is arguable that if the email
then turns out to have a virus in it the receipient might have reason to be
rather unhappy about it!

I have modified my GLLUG address to exclude headers etc automatically, so if
your really lucky this (and future) emails wont have any !!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk