[Gllug] disclaimers etc etc

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu May 18 16:00:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 04:49:14PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> I am sure the vexed question of disclaimers has been discussed before !
>
> Silly or not,  Companies in general want them so who am I to disagree.

But recipients don't, and since we aren't here to satisfy list
members' employers, IMHO they should send mail to us from a personal
account instead then.

That said, if they appear below a sig sep and fit within 4 lines
then fine by me, it's no more inane than most people's signatures.

> My point about certifying an outgoing email virus free is that it serves
> no useful purposes whatsoever -  in fact it is arguable that if the email
> then turns out to have a virus in it the receipient might have reason to be
> rather unhappy about it!

It is a marketing message from the vendor of the antivirus service.

> I have modified my GLLUG address to exclude headers etc automatically, so if
> your really lucky this (and future) emails wont have any !!

Thank you!

--
By reading this email for your safety and security you agree I am
the best and you want to give me all your money, but if you aren't