[Gllug] Purchase of goods and services from spammers by criminals

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat May 27 14:04:59 UTC 2006

Hello,
   I have seen a report that goods and services offered by spammers have
been purchased by criminals using stolen banking information, and that this
is causing the spammers to be noticed by the authorities.
   I wonder whether the banks are also supplying mis-information to phishers
and waiting for it to come back home. Unfortunately, I suspect that anyone
supplying the electronic equivalent of marked banknotes might receive at
least a DoS attack later.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk