[Gllug] TFT Monitors

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Tue May 30 11:35:06 UTC 2006

I've been using 17" Belinea CRTs for many years now.
Both still function very well. However, I now find the space
they take up is becoming irksome.

A change to TFTs would seem indicated, but I know nothing
of what is involved nor if I may get problems with Debian Sarge.
Vendors say they "work out of the box" - I would expect that
as they are selling. But is it true?

Trying to google for a decent write up gets me nowhere -
every link seems to lead to eBay or Amazon or Vendors who offer
everything not specific to the search.

I need only a basic Monitor - I don't play games. Prices are
confusing and I don't know what technical specs I should be
looking for. For example Aria are offering a Digimate 1721
for £96.29 whilst others offer what appears to be the same thing
for £118 - £125. Aria say "3year warranty, 8ms response time,
adjustable height and tilting plus stereo speakers", whilst others
merely offer a Digimate 1721.

Can someone point me to a good write up, or let me know what I
should be looking for in the way of technical specs.

Thanks,					John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk