[Gllug] OT: number porting between the same network

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Mon May 1 20:46:09 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh writes:

>Now my question is, can I take a PAC code from Vodafone and give it to
>CarphoneWarehouse/Vodafone to retain my number as I move to the new deal?
>Carphone warehouse seems to say yes, Vodafone seems to say No.

The answer: probably.

>Vodafone's reasoning seems to be : need to switch networks in order to
>use a PAC and retain number.

I can categorically state that this isn't true (because I've done it),
although it's exactly what O2 tried to tell me, when I first asked
about it. I'd been made redundant, but wanted to keep my phone number,
and transfer the number and account from the company to me personally.
I wanted to stay on O2, but they told me it was impossible to use a
PAC to transfer to the same network. I found that if you ignore their
customer service department, and just take your PAC code into a shop
and ask for a new contract, it all Just Works(tm).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk