[Gllug] Is anyone else getting download rates near zero today?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat May 6 21:00:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006, John Winters suggested tentatively:
> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 07:46 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>> Other people complained on the
>> demon.service newsgroup, but there was no response from Demon/Thus.
>
> Why does this make me feel like I've slipped through a time warp?

I simply can't imagine. :)

> Any word on the new Usenet News server?

I hear that they're having major binary retention problems: the intent
is to fix them by printing the feed onto wet tissue paper and retyping
it all by hand using trained monkeys. With a sufficiently large monkey
supply this should take perhaps two weeks for the 28Gb of the feed
that is actually useful.

;)

 -- N., cancelled his Demon account yesterday

--
`On a scale of 1-10, X's "brokenness rating" is 1.1, but that's only
 because bringing Windows into the picture rescaled "brokenness" by
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk