[Gllug] RHEL Oracle best practices

Ryland, Peter peter.ryland at squaregain.co.uk
Tue May 30 07:25:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 16:43 +0100, Yashpal Nagar wrote:
> Can someone please mail me some stuff like best practices of keeping
> Redhat Enterprise linux boxes good for Oracle database servers
> environment or RAC, experiences etc
> Any poointers to How and what parameters to keep OS tidy for
> performance, security etc would be helpful.
> I have came across few on net but need some advanced level of tunning
> for production environment.
> I will surely summarize the points for the people for archiving purposes.

You want performance?  Don't use Oracle.

Note that their licence agreement forbids benchmarks, so I'm afraid I
can't point you to any concrete proof of my assertion, but you can
always do your own tests, as I have done in the past.

Pete

This communication is confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of
the information and you are requested to notify
postmaster at squaregain.co.uk immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.
Squaregain Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and is a member of the LSE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk