[Gllug] Mysql Cluster on RHAS

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri May 5 10:57:52 UTC 2006

I am trying to get a Mysql on RHAS4 the setup is as follows:
I didn't set up the initial hardware and before yesterday when this was
dropped on my desk never configured RHAS or clustering, so please
forgive a lot of newbie question and general ignorance of the right way
to do this.

2 Dell 2850s with hardware raid sharing to a Dell power vault scsi raid
array which mounts to /var/lib/mysql.

In the event of failure on machine 1 machine 2 should take over
raid array and mount the array and start mysql which should pick up all
the DB from array.

They have their own ip and share a 3rd ip which the rest of the systems
connect to.

There is no console cable or quorum disk as apparently RHAS4 doesn't
need these?

We have set up the raid controllers to be part of the cluster and have
installed clustermanger and followed the online docs for setting
things up but the system just doesn't failover either at a hardware or
software level.

The mysql service simply won't start and the hotspare server doesn't

take over the scsi array.

Anyone like to point me in the right direction?

I can publish configs and logs if people would like?
--
Peace Jim :-)

 You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time,
 but you can not fool all of the people all of the time
 -- Abraham Lincoln

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk