[Gllug] Is anyone else getting download rates near zero today?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri May 5 09:56:54 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 09:58 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    Should I infer that you are connected via Demon/Thus? There is very
> little information about Usenet on the Demon website, and it is not even
> made available to users on the cheaper contracts. I get the impression that
> it is being sidelined because the few regular users continually complain
> about slow and often incomplete binary downloads, while many new users do
> not even realise that Usenet exists.

I recently got heartily sick of Plusnet's useless news servers.

I switched to using the publicly available service at
http://news.aioe.org/
This also has a big advantage for me - I roam about with my laptop
(for instance using the GNER trains wireless service on a trip to
Durham). PlusNet only let you connect if you are on a PlusNET IP.
Makes me wonder just what I'm paying PlusNET for.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk