[Gllug] London Javascript Night: Accessibility talk

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Fri May 5 07:00:50 UTC 2006

On 5 May 2006, at 07:13, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Is anyone speaking on accessibility at this event?

(apologies if this is OT)

nope, with the programme i've arranged the talks into the following
groups/segments,

	1) introduction to the terminology, the language and the idioms
		3 talks
	2) toolkits, overview of the toolkits, a specific look at one of
	   them from its creator, and a look at what can be achieved with
	   another one + a sort of mini-toolkit, the latter being included
	   just because of the enthusiasm the submitter showed - hence i
	   reckoned if he was that enthusiastic, it should be a good talk
		4 talks
	3) mapping, some guys who have created a wrapper for some of the
	   main api's and then a guy who has implemented a google maps
	   like service. i'm hoping these will contrast nicely.
		2 talks
	4) a section that i must confess is sort of aimed a little at perl
	   guys. just looking at one new addition to the JS language that
	   any programmer can appreciate and also looking at implementing the
	   server side of AJAX in perl.
		2 talks
	5) lighter talks to end off the night, just two things that will end
off
	   in a fun way _i hope_.
		2 talks

my two biggest problems at the minute are that even though all but 2
of the
above talks are lightning or slightly longer than lightning talks,
i'm overrunning
my target time by 20 minutes and upon inspection of the signup file
this morning

-bash-2.05b$ cat /usr/local/www/data/signup/ljs-200605.yml | grep
email  | wc -l
      109

we need a new venue, i was hoping that the above would bring this
back on topic, until
i remembered,

-bash-2.05b$ uname -n -s
FreeBSD windmill.london.pm.org