[Gllug] SASL and postfix

Paul M tallus at gmail.com
Sat May 6 23:00:32 UTC 2006

On 06/05/06, Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc> wrote:

> First of all, my apologies for the stolen subject... Corrected now.
>
> Paul M said:
> > On 06/05/06, Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc> wrote:
> >>
> >> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
> >>

> > Did you run postmap on that file? (that generates the .db file)
> >

> I did. Didn't really help. I'm not sure it actually reads that file.
>
> -

The error messages you are getting are telling you that the db file is
not in the expected berkeley db format (there can be problems with
incompatible Berkely Db libraries) This:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html has the correct format for the
saslpass file.

Note that this is not the file that postfix uses to authenticate
itself to other servers/relays not what it uses to autheticate users
sending mail through it, so I'm not sure if this is what you are
actually intending to do.

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/ has
definative instructions on setting up everything you want to, though
they are redhat-centric . Patrick Koeter literally wrote the book on
Postfix (which unfortuantely is sitting on my desk at work at the mo')
so follow those instructions and it should all work out.

Paul M
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk