[Gllug] Is anyone else getting download rates near zero today?

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sat May 6 21:37:16 UTC 2006

On 6 May 2006, at 22:17, Anthony Newman wrote:

> It is becoming increasingly difficult for providers without serious
> clout to swallow a full news feed; now in excess of 2TB a day with
> all the binary groups, and consequently a lot of ISPs offering News
> now are outsourcing to the likes of Giganews with their clearly
> crazy storage capacity. A bit of a shame, but there you go.

Indeed.  I remember running a news server seven years or so ago and
had helped set-up a beneficial peering system with a large ISP at the
time who had trouble getting peering arrangements with BT (for
whatever reason I can't remember now) with the small ISP I was
working for .. until management decided to scrap the the thing and go
with Giganews.

Regards,

	Martyn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk