[Gllug] VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 14 20:29:41 UTC 2006

On 14 Nov 2006, Jason Clifford told this:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Alex Crow wrote:
>> I think I can say that the salary would be of the appropriate level
>> related to national averages and experiece.
>
> If all you are going to post is the same again, don't bother. You will
> only antagonise.
>
> There is no such thing as "the appropriate level related to national
> averages and experiece".
>
> Each company has it's own pay policy and any company that cannot be honest
> enough to come out and say it is not welcome to post job ads here
> according to the stated GLLUG policy as Richard has pointed out.

Well, he said it was `competitive'. We just misread it. What he *meant*
was `we make you compete with lots of other people to drive the salary
down as far as possible'.

(on that note I really must start looking for another job: eight years
with not a single pay rise across the company is ridiculous. I hate and
despise switching jobs, but enough's enough.)

--
Rich industrial heritage: lifeless wasteland. `The land
north of Mordor has a rich industrial heritage.'