[Gllug] Re: Yum through proxy

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:48:42 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Steve Nelson <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm all out of ideas.  Ok - someone will say "bin the ISA server" -
> sorry - not my call - I'm stuck with this infrastructure and the head
> of security won't allow me to open http from the :AN on which the
> machines sit.  So - any ideas?

Along the lines of fixing without understanding, I removed the Centos
4 yum package and forcefully installed the Centos 3 package.  This
works.  I can only assume there is a difference in the way the later
yum handles proxies.  I have a vague recollection of there being a
caching element in later yum releases.  I'll update the list when I
find out *why* this rather hacky approach worked.

> S.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk