[Gllug] wxPython development (was C/C++ mentor)

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Nov 28 01:00:48 UTC 2006

On 27/11/06, TreeBoy <gllug at petethetree.co.uk> wrote:
> Many thanks for the link - will look at it after recovering from having spent
> some time in South West Ireland, supposedly whale-watching in force 6 winds.

brrrrr...

> I must admit that I find XML one of the most over-rated buzz-words in the
> history of IT: it exceeds EDI which has so many interpretations of the
> standard envelopes. I still don't see what it offers over SGML (which I *did*
> know once), but XML does have a popularity which means it is everywhere:
> which I fully understand helps everyone.

Indeed.  But still I find myself jumping onto these bandwagons (Java
is another) and spending way too much time digging into them and
coding around them before working out that they're overhyped and
overvalued by marketing.  I wish I wasn't so easily misled. :-)

Anyway, I'm still wondering what XML has that ASN.1 doesn't?

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk