[Gllug] wxPython development (was C/C++ mentor)

TreeBoy gllug at petethetree.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 23:54:46 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 16:58, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On 22/11/06, TreeBoy <gllug at petethetree.co.uk> wrote:
> > I will let you know.
>
> How is it going?
>
> > I'm having real problems with FreeGuide (a tv listings program using
> > xmltv): XMLTV doesn't seem to like the Radio Times feed and (possibly)
> > en_GB.UTF-8 which means that you cannot select the channels.
>
> BTW, if you want an alternative feed from the RadioTimes data, I wrote
> a little script to get info from it's text feed and output in xmltv
> format (for use with MythTV).  It's here:
>
> http://pdr.cx/projects/tv_grab_uk_pdr/main/
>
> Pete

Many thanks for the link - will look at it after recovering from having spent
some time in South West Ireland, supposedly whale-watching in force 6 winds.

I must admit that I find XML one of the most over-rated buzz-words in the
history of IT: it exceeds EDI which has so many interpretations of the
standard envelopes. I still don't see what it offers over SGML (which I *did*
know once), but XML does have a popularity which means it is everywhere:
which I fully understand helps everyone.

Anyway, I hope to have something to write about by the end of the week.

Cheers,
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk