[Gllug] Gates in Europe today pushing software patents

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Nov 10 11:49:56 UTC 2006

Richard Jones wrote:

> Right - the people who invented the first processors, networks, etc.
> patented everything, and that really helped.

Not just the first processors/networks, but the concept of HTML and the Web.
Doubtless oddles of patents on HTML etc.
But my point stands - HTML/Web released into the public domain, spreads
like wildfire.
If it were patented and licensed, it would have been licensed to act as
an add-on to Digital Vax and Digital Unix computers. It would be a
historical curio today.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk