[Gllug] VACANCY (temp holiday cover)

Casper Gasper casper.gasper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 22:50:26 UTC 2006

I've been asked by my employer to post a message looking for someone
to cover for me whilst I'm in Taiwan (4th - 20th December).

  I work for a company providing tech support for a number of
production companies in Soho.  Our clients are largely Mac based,
although there are inevitably some desktop Windows PCs, W2K3 servers
and a small number of linux SME Servers.

  Technically the role isn't too challenging, although it may require
better people skills than your average support role.

 The basic skill set they're looking for (in roughly descending order):
- TCP/IP networking, DNS.
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Windows server/desktop
- Mac OS X desktop

Working in Soho does have a couple of nice benefits, like being able
to walk to all your clients' offices, and the base is located in Frith
Street just by Bar Italia, which serves the best coffee in town.

  They'll pay £15/hour, although I'm honestly not sure whether the
plan is to replace me for the whole period, or just to cover busy
days.

  Mail me off-list if you're interested.

Casper.

casper.gasper at gmail.com