[Gllug] Unexpected ADSL firewall data

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 25 22:30:41 UTC 2006

On Sat 25 Nov, Casper Gasper wrote:

>   Internally a 32-bit integer is used to count packets, hence the rollover.
>
>  If you want accurate stats that don't get reset, iptables can provide
> these for you.

   The IPCop box has been running non-stop for a few months, and I am
monitoring it via its internally generated admin web pages, with the machine
itself located elsewhere. The details shown look just like the ifconfig
output, and are not repeated on other pages. Traffic is very light at the
moment, and traffic graphs for the two interfaces look matched as normal,
but I have not noticed how often the textual details are reset.

--
Chris Bell