[Gllug] Exchange equivalents on Linux

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Nov 2 17:34:28 UTC 2006

Philip Hands wrote:
[snip]
> Hula might be an option at some point, but I won't be touching it until
> they dump mbox format and start using Maildir instead (which is in the
> works apparently, which is an improvement over their previous "there's
> nothing wrong with mbox, and anyway Maildir is too slow" nonsense).

I was intrigued by this reminder of Hula's existence and went to have
another look at it.  The screenshots look very tempting, but I was
flummoxed again by the almost total lack of documentation.  I can't even
work out how to create a user who can log on.

The FAQ gives instructions for creating a user, but that user can then
log on only through the admin interface, not through the user interface,
and seems to be just another administrator.

Anyone know if the basics of Hula are documented anywhere?  It's got one
of those "Expose the objects" interfaces which make the simplest admin
task mind-bogglingly difficult without documentation.

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk