[Gllug] Exchange equivalents on Linux

Casper Gasper casper.gasper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:53:24 UTC 2006

On 02/11/06, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> Philip Hands wrote:
> [snip]
> > Hula might be an option at some point, but I won't be touching it until
> > they dump mbox format and start using Maildir instead (which is in the
> > works apparently, which is an improvement over their previous "there's
> > nothing wrong with mbox, and anyway Maildir is too slow" nonsense).

 I attended a presentation by a hula developer a couple of months ago,
and he specifically covered the mbox issue.  He claimed that ISPs
couldn't use maildir as they would quickly run out of inodes, and he
certainly didn't mention any shift to Maildir.

> I was intrigued by this reminder of Hula's existence and went to have
> another look at it.  The screenshots look very tempting, but I was
> flummoxed again by the almost total lack of documentation.  I can't even
> work out how to create a user who can log on.
>
> The FAQ gives instructions for creating a user, but that user can then
> log on only through the admin interface, not through the user interface,
> and seems to be just another administrator.
>
> Anyone know if the basics of Hula are documented anywhere?  It's got one
> of those "Expose the objects" interfaces which make the simplest admin
> task mind-bogglingly difficult without documentation.

There's not really much there, although you can try their IRC channel.

Casper.