[Gllug] Core 2 duo / Intel 965 chipset

Chris Stromblad chris at fragzone.se
Sat Nov 11 15:42:42 UTC 2006

Hej Jim,

Perhaps someone has already addressed this issue and I do apologize in
advance if this is the case. But in kernel 2.6.17 there was a problem
supporting controller JMicron 360/363. There were a couple of patches
going around to fix that, but it was fully incorporated in the 2.6.18
kernel.

If your problem is related to drives suddenly disappearing during
installation and no HDDs detected during install, that's very likely
your problem.

Your only choice to solve this is to use a bootcd/dvd that supports
2.6.18 and works with JMicron.

Hope this helps!

// Chris