[Gllug] OpenOffice, from source using GCJ or ECJ

Chris Stromblad chris at fragzone.se
Sat Nov 11 15:58:40 UTC 2006

Hello members of the list,

Without much further ado I'll jump right to the question. Here's the deal:

I'm trying to compile OO from source and building it against GCJ or
might even consider trying ECJ. I've not had much success. Building
without java is not a problem, but when attempting to build with it,
there's heaps of problems to solve.

I've tried using the "compability" layer between Sun java and GCJ, but
that too seems to fail miserably.

My question is simply to ask if anyone on the list has successfully
built OO from source against an Open Source java implementation, like
GNU java or eclipse?

Any help, direction, tips, advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chris
Lewes, Sussex
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk