[Gllug] BBC and acorn bits

Gundemarie Scholz spamyousilly at inbox.ru
Fri Nov 17 09:48:11 UTC 2006

Adam Bower wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 03:46:00PM +0100, salsaman wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, I just visited the Computer Museum in Ljubljana, Slovenia. There
>> they have a ZX Spectrum, C64, Next, and some other cool machines. I
>> think I still have a Spectrum manual which I plan to donate to them some
>> time.
>
> I've got 2 out of 3 of those machines in my loft :-/

And I bought a freshly released one in Russia in 1995, for 30 DEM which
should equal around £10. The way how the keyboard works had been changed
though as there was no foil with contacts any more. Instead I found
little metal plates for each key that had to be pressed down with
significant enthusiasm to actually work. The whole thing came with a
joystick, a game on a tape and a little electronic gun you could shoot
at the screen with.

As the keyboard on my original Spectrum was broken I soldered the
Russian keyboard to it, and it worked just fine. (-:

Regards,
Gunde
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk